Barelli is an Italian ryegrass variety from Barenbrug. Trial results from Holland and Belgium confirms and guarantees a dense and healthy vegetation, ideal for the production of high quality forage.
- Very high yields in the 1st cut and in the first year.
- Barelli is less susceptible for traffic on the field and therefore it keeps a high percentage of ground cover due to its excellent persistency.
- Barelli is particularly recommended for use in intercropping systems (e.g. after maize harvest) or one year leys (spring sowing).
- Barelli is a diploid and has a high dry matter content in the plant and therefore, it does not cause extra effluent problems.
- Barelli is very palatable and digestible to stock.
- This means that a high quality silage of hay can be obtained.
- Barelli contains good levels of Water Soluble Carbohydrates
(sugars) to give better fermentation.