After 50 years of fame the good old variety Barmultra has been replaced by Barmultra II. This enhanced variety was selected from Barmultra crosses and has resulted in a new variety with improved characteristics. Barmultra II offers better dry matter yields, better disease resistance and better persistency.
Barmultra II is very suitable for both spring sowing and autumn sowing and can be used for seasonal production or bi-annual forage production with 4-6 cuts.
Barmultra II can be grown on all types of soils with good water supply. Peaty soils and soils with high groundwater tables are less suitable.
Barmultra II enhanced main characteristics are:
- Quick soil coverage
- Less weed problems
- Extended green mass production
- Fast spring development after winter
- Broad leaves
- Very good frost tolerance in springtime
- Dense growth resulting in less invasion of weeds
- Fast regrowth after each cut
- Excellent dry matter yields in all seasons of the year
- Very high dry matter yield in the first cut
- Outstanding palatability and digestibility
- High protein content
- Superb crown rust resistance
- Excellent leaf spot resistance
- High resistance to Fusarium and Bacterial wilt