BARPRISMA is an Italian ryegrass variety from Barenbrug. Trial results from CTPS in France confirms and guarantees a dense and healthy vegetation, ideal for an excellent production of high quality.
- Very high yields in the 1st cut and in the first year.
- Barprisma shows excellent resistance to rust and Xanthomonas*.
- Barprisma keeps a high percentage of ground cover due to its excellent persistency.
- Barprisma is particularly recommended for use in southern Europe due to the winter growth habit of the variety.
- Barprisma is a diploid with a high dry matter content in the plant and therefore, it does not cause extra effluent problems.
- Barprisma is very palatable and digestible to stock.
- This means that a high quality silage can be maintained.
- Barprisma contains a high content of Water Soluble Carbohydrates (sugars) to give better fermentation.
* Xanthomonas (= Bacterial wilt) is a new fast spreading disease which kills the plants, resulting in a strong reduction of dry matter yields. With 96% of the plants resistant to Xanthomonas, Barprisma is one of the best resistant varieties to this disease.