Bronsyn is an early heading, diploid, Perennial ryegrass which was released from the Barenbrug Research breeding programme in New Zealand. Due to this, Bronsyn offers special characteristics which are valuable for farmers living in climates with mild winters. Bronsyn shows winter growth, providing an extended growing season. Bronsyn is recommended in France and offers the following characteristics:
- Outstanding crown rust resistance
- Excellent dry matter yields (104% over French standards in spring)
- Superb summer and autumn production (121% over French standards)
- Total dry matter yield: 109 % over French standards, making Bronsyn the highest yielding variety in its category
- Fast germination (5-7 days)
- Heat & drought tolerant
- Excellent tolerance to hard grazing
- Very persistent
- Only heading in one flush, no aftermath heading
Farmers in Spain using Bronsyn in their pastures confirm the excellent productivity of this cultivar and are impressed by its performance.
Moreover, the variety has set the standard in New Zealand, the number one choice of dairy farmers and also widely used in beef and sheep systems.