Worldwide Baron is one of the most famous Poa pratensis varieties. This classic high quality variety forms a dense sward. It has an excellent wear tolerance and remains persistent in mixtures. Thanks to its superb winter hardiness Baron is able to survive cold winters in Northern and Eastern Europe.
Baron is a sports turf Poa pratensis variety being suitable for:
- General landscaping
- Turf production
- Sport Golfcourses: tees and fairways
- Cricket and tennis courts
- Football and rugby pitches
Colour and leaf texture
Intermediate-dark green colored with broad leaves.
Baron can be included in mixtures like:
- Supersport - strong sports mixture with very high wear tolerance
- Rapide – mixture with outstanding wear tolerance, establishment and recovery
- Solide - versatile mixture for intensive use
- Royal – traditional Festuca spps./ Poa pratensis mixture for tees and fairways
Besides, Baron is by one of the suitable Poa pratensis for using in mixtures for turf production. Under intensive management the variety will particularly outperform in the second growing season as a result of strong rhizome building.