As our new Seed Enhancement Specialist you work closely together with your colleagues within the supply chain, marketing and our R&D department. You will work in the laboratory to deliver a fully out-fitted QA&QC lab on time and within budget.
You will be responsible for method development and the introduction and maintenance of standard lab test protocols. Hence you will maintain one foot in the lab while on the other hand coordinate Seed Enhancement Development activities for Barenbrug Holland and other operating companies within Europe.
A substantial amount of time will be in the development of high-quality seed coatings for our forage and turf markets and in the support of the seed treatment plant, troubleshooting issues and implementing new processes and procedures.
This position will be located at our headquarters in Nijmegen. Although marketing is leading when it comes to starting new projects and setting requirements for these projects, you report to the global production manager.
What is it that you bring?
- A University degree (MSc) in plant biology, seed physiology or related field
- Demonstrable knowledge of seed technology or seed treatments skills
- Ability to work with lab technicians as well as plant operators, factory workers and commercial staff
- Experience with project management and proven ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to cope with high peak workloads and the capacity to plan accordingly
- Good command of the Dutch language
- Willingness to travel to trial locations in Europe
We expect to recognize the following competences in you:
- Enthusiasm, persuasion and entrepreneurship
- Strong communication skills
- Creative and innovative
Where will you find yourself?
Barenbrug Holland BV is a real family business. This translates into attention for each other and the possibility to develop yourself within a work environment where respect and appreciation are central.
We are proud, passionate and healthy stubborn. In this way we have been creating grass seed solutions for our customers in livestock farming and in sports and recreation for 114 years. By keeping the focus on the customer and optimally responding to his needs, we are able to market our sustainable and innovative products worldwide.
You can find our grasses in meadows all over the world, but also in stadiums and on sports fields, golf courses and public areas. Every day more than 700 employees in 18 countries on 6 continents work hard to keep up that good reputation. You will find more than 100 colleagues at the Dutch headquarters in Nijmegen.
We offer an inspiring work environment. If necessary, we offer additional training to help you optimize your performance. In addition, you will of course receive an excellent salary and a complete package of employment benefits.