Give your hay fields a massive boost of nitrogen with Duet, the clover mixture. The red clover in Duet is a true nitrogen binder, with a capacity of up to 350 kg of nitrogen per hectare. The white clover in the mixture is a stabilising factor, which ensures you can enjoy your grass clover hay field for years to come. Duet is your solution for easily producing a tasty protein-rich crop with little need for fertiliser.
Guaranteed success with Yellow Jacket Nitrogenerator®
Duet seeds are enriched with Yellow Jacket Nitrogenerator®, to get the germinating seeds off to a flying start. The appropriate rhizobium bacteria for this clover are added to Yellow Jacket, so you can be sure your clover binds the maximum amount of nitrogen. You can see the results in crop yields and soil fertility. The fine clover seed is also easier to sow due to the layer with Yellow Jacket Nitrogenerator®.
Ideal in combination with little fertilisation
Duet is the solution for hay fields that are not getting enough nitrogen due to the strict fertiliser legislation. The clover in Duet binds so much nitrogen, that the grass also benefits from it. In addition, the long tap roots of red clover absorb phosphate and water from deeper layers in the soil. Duet will provide you with an excellent yield of tasty and protein-rich forage from your own land, with a lower dose of fertiliser.
- Sow Duet no deeper than 0.5 cm
- Mix 8 kg Duet with 30 to 40 kg grass seed per hectare
- pH sandy soil minimum 5.2 / clay soil minimum 6.5
- Sow grass with red clover, preferably at the end of summer
- In the spring, distribute a maximum of 100 kilos of N per hectare divided over the first and second cut
- Maintain a longer interval between cutting than you would with grass only
- Maintain a height of at least 7 cm when cutting
- Limit vehicle movements on your grass-clover fields, and leave the plot well alone when its wet