A must-have for every livestock farmer
The grass seed mixture Vital has so many benefits that it is an absolute must-have for every dairy farmer. Vital with NutriFibre® technology uses minerals very efficiently and produces 30% more grass with excellent nutritional value. Thanks to its long root system, it is excellent at withstanding extreme drought or wet weather conditions. Additionally, it is a crop rich in structure that cows must chew well. The extra saliva production prevents rumen acidosis.
Vital with NutriFibre® technology is grass with a strong, impressive root system and nutritious, protein rich leaves. Vital offers an advantage regarding the four points outlined below on the grasses traditionally grown by dairy farmers.
- Highest protein yield because NutriFibre® is high-yielding and rich in protein,
- Climate resistant because NutriFibre® roots deeply,
- Mineral efficient because NutriFibre® uses minerals from deeper layers in the soil,
- Healthy cows because NutriFibre® provides effective fibre.
Grass seed mixes with NutriFibre® provide today’s farmers with optimal roughage. NutriFibre® technology offers farmers a solution for their farm management under a wide variety of conditions. A huge number of dairy farmers in Europe have already chosen the benefits of NutriFibre® and feed their cattle this grass to complete satisfaction.
NutriFibre® is the new grass technology for silage.
The foundation of NutriFibre® is soft-leaf tall fescue, a development stemming from the Royal Barenbrug Group’s international breeding programme ‘Grass for highly productive dairy cattle’. NutriFibre® technology combines mineral efficiency, high protein production, digestible, effective fibre-rich cell walls and rooting intensity. The interaction of these individual properties has a mutually enhancing effect that results in exceptionally high quality silage. This gives the specific combination a value worth more than the sum of its parts. The new grass technology based on soft-leaf tall fescue has been extensively trialled in a diverse range of conditions, soil types and different farm management systems.
Versions of Vital:
- Vital EKO - When you prefer organic seeds.
- Vital White - With white clover.
- Vital Duet - With both red and white clover.
GreenEarth for sustainable dairy farming
With Vital sustainable food production becomes a little easier. That is why Vital has the GreenEarth-label. To get this label a product must fulfil several conditions. Vital has the GreenEarth-label because of the following reasons:
- Vital has an efficient use of minerals and water.
- Vital produces the highest protein of all grasses. As a result less concentrates are necessary.
- Vital increases lifetime production.
- Vital increases soil fertility.